"I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain."
-Bright Star

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dad would be so proud!! :)

My dad takes pictures of our family every Christmas morning, which I always dread because I look... well, like I just rolled out of bed... and that, most times in my opinion, can be a terrifying sight. Here's where the wonder comes in, this year was my first Christmas away from home and I had EVERY possibility of having a camera-free morning. However, amazingly enough, IIIIII was the one that morning who made the suggestion to pull out the camera!! This Christmas morning was spent with ME being the "Dad" this time!
I don't know what came over me, perhaps it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me without it anymore, but whatever the reason was that provoked such an absurd behavior, I know my Poppa would be so proud. :) 

My ornament "mobile" that I hung over our bed
Traditional breakfast :)
Our front room decorations
Jordan and I kissing in front of our "Christmas Tree"!!

 I hope everyone had a wonderful, very-merry, Christmas and are enjoying the new year!! =D 
 

1 comment:

  1. This Christmas I was feeling very un-Christmaslike, which is not normal. So I sat down to identify what the cause was of this humbugery. I realized that my mom always made my house feel like Christmas when I was little. Then it dawned on me...I'M THE MOM NOW. It's my turn to make sure that at any given time the house smells like sugar cookies and gingerbread, the background is filled with Bing and Elvis and to bring my family together and celebrate the beautiful holiday with lots of love. I felt like Cindy Lou Who after that for the rest of December. So long story REALLY long...I know exactly why you had a camera and I am so glad that we all got to see your super special Christmas.

    <3Brandina

    ReplyDelete