"I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain."
-Bright Star

Friday, February 18, 2011

"Crying tomorrow"

Jordan has been writing some new songs on the piano recently and decided that he would perform one of them in a show on campus last Saturday. His performance was going well but, because he had just recently finished writing the song, he forgot the words right in the middle. When he paused, everyone in the audience chuckled, knowing he had forgotten the words, but obviously thinking that the words would come back to him within a second or two. But after a few seconds went by, I started to worry that he might have forgotten the words altogether and that he might feel a need to stop the song midway through and leave the stage, possibly feeling embarrassed. The crowd sat silently, waiting for him to finish, but I could tell that the words had escaped him.
So, in the middle of the silent crowd, I shouted out the next lyrics for him, "Crying tomorrow!" I saw a few people in the audience turn their heads to look at me, wondering why I was shouting out what may have seemed to be random words, but then Jordan said into the microphone "Oh! That was my wife! Thank you, Baby!" and then he continued playing the piano and singing the words. Everyone started cheering and I could hear a few different people in the audience say "Oh that was so CUTE!" and things of that nature. It was so great. After the show, a few people came up to us and commented on how awesome that was to see and mentioned to us "now that's true support!" It was such a fun experience to have with my amazingly talented husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment